Wednesday, May 27, 2009

183 - Metallic

This big house went up on top of a hill not far from my home. I never even realized they were building it, but when the sun reflects off that dynamite copper roof, there's no missing it! It's set far enough back from the road, and with a rusty barbed wire fence surrounding it, that this is as close as I could get. I love that copper roof, and can't wait until it gets the lovely patina that Mother Nature will give it over time!

What a great view of Lake Lavon they have, too. (It's on the other side of the hill.)

6 comments:

  1. That really does pop out at you! What a cool view you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it them or you that is "over the hill" then? Good take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a gorgeous home. We don't have too many metal roofs around here...but there were LOTS of them in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope they have lots of insulation (sound insulation, that is)! The first hailstorm comes through, they'll all be deaf!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of copper! I like the contrast of the rusty fence in the foreground and the shiny new roof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love copper on a house, but that might be overkill! Great photo for the theme.

    ReplyDelete