Monday, January 5, 2009

153 - How About This Weather?


Day before yesterday, it was 80º.  Yesterday, it was 40º.  Today it's supposedly 34º, but there's ice on everything (except the road, thankfully).  If I remember correctly, water doesn't freeze above 32º!  What's with that!

I had to get my camera out briefly (it's COLD out!) to get a few photos of the ice coating everything.  There's some old Johnson grass stalks still standing (even survived the weed-eater this summer), and I managed to get a shot or two before the rain started back up.  Mmmm, this hot chocolate's good!

8 comments:

  1. Very good shot! Sure hope that doesn't grow overnight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty shot! I really like how delicate the ice makes grass seem. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fav's - beads of ice... Love it. Enjoy your cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beads of ice, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice shot, Sunny! BRRRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this was a spiderweb, too. The ice beads on the grass are so delicate. Wonderful photo.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete