Sunday, January 4, 2009

190 - Multiples


These bricks are destined to be a walkway between the gate and the barn.  One gets tired of slogging through the tarry Texas blackland mud (especially if one is pushing a wheelbarrow loaded with feed, hay, shavings . . . well, you get the idea!  This is about a pallet and a half of bricks that I got on Freecycle.org.  Cost:  nada.  The young man was even nice enough to deliver them and help me stack them.  Can't beat that!

Even if there aren't enough to do the entire job, at least it's a great start, and the whole thing will cost a lot less than it otherwise would have.  (Amazing what you can find on Freecycle.org!  I'm addicted.)

7 comments:

  1. wow great deal and a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great photo - not at all boring! The light is very appealing............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice image - really shows the texture well. The texture on the bricks would make a great texture for another photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the repetition and patterns in this image, Sunny. I am jealous of your weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an artful display! Love the colour and slimness of these bricks. Gotta love Freecycle too. I met up with a former coworker via that site during a pick-up of an item! That was a nice surprise! And I don't think your pics are boring at all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good entry for the theme, the repetition of the holes in each one works as well. The color is really great I think because of the lighting. It reminds me of that perfect time of day for photos, somewhere between 3:30 and 4:30pm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the nice comments. I appreciate your feedback!

    The picture was taken at 7:30 am on the first, as I was walking out to the barn to feed. I kind of liked the way the sun shone on them, made them an odd color (they're actually kind of a dark "brick" red--no pun intended!)

    (I had trouble deciding between the Multiples and the Holes categories. Not sure why I went with Multiples.)

    ReplyDelete